Admissions Open for Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course (PJC)
- Devaguru Bṛhaspati Center has opened admissions for fresh batch of students to start its prestigious Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course from the Academic Year 2017.
- Unlike other colleges where the application is generic, DBC requires that the student should be accepted by a mentor for learning vedāñga jyotiṣa.
- A mentor is a jyotiṣa guru who will guide you through the course. Unlike previous years where one mentor was available, in 2017 the mentors are (a) Mariella Cassar for West and (b) Sarbani Rath for East. Please see this page for a better idea.
- Students can enroll by simply paying the fees to the mentor
PJC joining options for the Year 2017
Fee Partial Waiver
Some students have made requests for fee waivers. Please note that partial fee waivers can be made at the discretion of the mentors based on your economic status. Please write to the mentors directly for this. They can permit 25% or a maximum of 50% fee waiver for international (other than India) students.
PJC 2017: Scholarship Payment
PJC India Installment Payment
We are aware that salaried people in India and some other countries will prefer to pay in installments. The subscription option is available. However for those Indians who would like to pay in three installments of ₹12,000 (joining before 31 Dec) or ₹15,000 (joining after 1 Jan, 2017), please fill the form given below and an invoice will be mailed to you.
- The fees are based on the economy of the region as well as the number of days the mentor is likely to spend in contact course (for mentors outside India). Fees do not include travel and stay costs as well as any incidentals for the contact classes. Contact Classes are (optional).
- Students attending the contact classes are expected to give Guru Dakṣiṇa as this is the traditional way. Fees indicate above do not include guru dakṣiṇa. This is optional and is based on the heart of the student and appreciation for all that he receives. It is the vedic way which we must learn.
- Contact classes will be held in Locations chosen by the Mentor. Your contact course dates will be announced by your mentor at the forum